Tuesday 22 May 2012

Karcher conversion.

After this morning's experience, I wonder how many of my friends have had a Karcher experience.  (For those who've never heard of Karcher, I'm referring to their pressure washer range.  For the sake of fairness, I should probably point out that other makes of pressure washer are available).  And, to all those who have had a Karcher experience, I would say, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Our patio forms part of a fire exit (long story...) and those who have to use it during fire drills tell me that it can be slippery when wet.  For ages, I've thought it would be a good idea to clean the patio with a pressure washer to try to make it safer in the event of an evacuation.  Anyway, today I borrowed a friend's pressure washer to do just that.  I have to say, as soon as I'd worked out how to use it, I was hooked.  It's like having a Dyson for outdoors (no, this isn't an infomercial!).  You point it at the patio, press the trigger, and KABLAM (Kersplash?!) the patio actually changes colour.  Seriously people, it changes colour.
Here's the proof:
Before - rather dull looking patio.
During - this is the clearest distinction between clean and dirty...  You'll notice both sides are wet because of the spray.
And after.  Ridiculously, this just ended up looking a bit overexposed.  But if you look at the grass in this photo and the 'before' one, you can see it's cleanliness rather than overexposure!
What a difference.

I hadn't realised how long the patio would take (well over two hours!) but throughout the experience, I was just marveling at how, uh, marvelous, the Karcher is.  I was thinking to myself, why did I not know about this?  How have I got to the age of 34 before discovering this bit of kit.  Sure, I'd seen it on teleshopping channels, but they tend to exaggerate, don't they?  But today, I made the discovery for myself.  Try it, I say.  Borrow a Karcher and see for yourself.

And then I suddenly thought, not only have I become a Karcher convert, I'm now a Karcher evangelist.  I want to share the wonder of Karcher-technology with people.  And that got me thinking - surely I know something far more amazing than that.  I cleaned the patio today, and the Karcher made it possible.  But more amazing than that is that I've been cleaned up.  As a Christian, I know the amazing joy of being made clean in God's eyes through the sacrifice of His Son.  All too often, I forget how amazing it is.  I need to remind myself that I'm clean.  Way more amazing than Karcher.  I've got a more important message than, "Karcher cleans your patio".  My exciting message to others should be, "Jesus cleans you".  You see, I could have cleaned the patio without borrowing a Karcher.  Sure, hands and knees with a scrubbing brush and a bit of detergent would have been difficult, but not impossible.  But me, well that's a different story.  I can't clean up my own life without God's help.  The amazing thing is not that God can clean me up, the amazing thing is that He has and He does.
What a startling difference He makes.


Do you know the joy of being made clean in God's eyes?

If you do, do you tend, like me, to forget just how amazing a story it is?  It's a big improvement!

What are you going to do about it?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It's so good to remember that being a Christian is being made CLEAN - I think I tend to forget that...

    ReplyDelete